Cocktail Strainer | TT - London

Cocktail Strainer

Also known as a Hawthorne strainer, a Cocktail Strainer is a tool used to cover the top of a mixing glass or jug.

It is similar to a Julep Strainer but with the addition of a sprig around the outside which not only gives the strainer a snugger fit, but also acts as an extra sieve.

The term Hawthorne strainer comes from the name of the bar that the inventor, Dennis P. Sullivan, owned.